You Are Invited! ~ On Oct 18 ~ in Miami
to . . ..
A special screening of "Facing the Surge"
- a new special short documentary on sea level rise
hosted by independent filmmaker, Diogo Freire
-- followed by panel of local experts on resiliency & leading carbon reduction strategies.
Tuesday. October 18
- 6:00 p.m. -
AIA Miami (The American Institute of Architects)
The Miami Center for Architecture & Design (MCAD)
100 NE 1st Ave, Miami, FL 33132
~~ Reserve a ticket NOW here ~~
Tickets are expected to go quickly!
Kindly share this announcement with others!
We are currently inviting organizations
to CO-HOST a film event
in Broward County on October 19
The Miami event is brought to you by:
- Miami Center for Architecture & Design, Inc.,
- Earth Ethics Institute at Miami Dade College,
- Citizens Climate Lobby - Miami Chapter, Citizens Climate Lobby
- University of Miami School of Architecture
- Abess Center for Ecosystem Science and
- Policy FIU Department of Architecture Soa Architecture
- AIA MIAMI COTE
- Save Florida from Sea Level Rise
- FIU's Earth and Environment Club
- Environmental Engineering Society (EES) -
- FIU ECOMB - Environmental Coalition of Miami &
- the Beaches Sea Level Rise Summit
- Jim Murley
---> Further information follows below <---
"Facing the Surge" is a new short documentary on the current impacts of sea level rise.
The director, Diogo Freire, will be screening the film in 60 cities on the East Coast in an East Coast Film Tour.
Its websites are:
And, there is a specific page where people can reserve their free ticket
(all events are free and open to the public).
The film has been submitted to several international film festivals, and has already been accepted in the Naples (FL) International Film Festival, where it will be shown on Oct 28 and Oct. 29.
The events began in New Hampshire and have been a huge success.
Many of them are collaborations with universities.
For many of the events, after the film there is a panel of three to four speakers from a range of backgrounds, including community officials, professors, scientists, members of the local military base, GIS map creators, and authors.
Also on each panel is usually a member of Citizens' Climate Lobby who offers an update about the carbon pricing bill that will be introduced in Congress in 2017.
The beauty of the tour is that each locale offers a unique perspective on the issue.
For more information,
or call: 352-672-4327
Posted 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Excited to announce, and we hope you will be joining us! #EVCO #EVCO2017 #Conference #coalition #everglades #3estuaries1solution
Posted 1 month, 1 week ago View this post